Monday, January 14, 2008

Descargar Emblemas Guild Ro

Festival de la Mercé (1) - Cycling in Barcelona Correfoc

This weekend will be held in Barcelona, \u200b\u200bFestes de la Mercé, a 4-day city festival in honor of the patron saint of the city.

caution Culture: The
Senyora de la Mercé has become the patron saint of the city after they had defended the city in 1637 alone against a plague of locusts. 1714, when Barcelona lost the English War of Succession, the city elders appointed to commander of the city's defense.

The festival is held during the week of 24.9. (The holiday) and is held as the highlight of the festival year and would say with a loud bang in the summer farewell. Here are hundreds of different activities throughout the city. The highlights are:

  • Correfoc or Fire Run
    dragons, monsters and devils with fireworks and run giant sparklers along the streets and dance with the audience (several of them)
  • Castellers - is to build human towers
    towers of human tradition and I have recently seen practicing at the university has a group. For those interested, more details here. Castellers de Barcelona
  • Capgrossos - Parade of the Giant Colossal Giant
    with figures of kings and nobles, accompanied by music
  • Sardenas
    A English folk dance, in which the participants hold in their hands and turn in circles.
  • music Grupen
    In the city built platforms and local and international bands appear. eg: Ojos de Brujo, Travis or Robocop Kraus

The Festival is really a kind of street festival überdimesnionales - something for everyone.

I did this weekend storm, and may be let out right now to sow. Just unfortunately, I still know no one with whom I can draw around the houses. But I would still see the festival on Saturday night and go to Correfoc. Is supposed to be pretty good. Because it is overcast all day and I think, in the evening may be cool, I pull at times exceptionally ne jacket. So I take the nearest metro and moving into the old town, where the fire run to start right then. Of course, all hell is going on. Many young people, old people and children, which is normal for the little ones a long time to are. The move ha not started yet and I go along the road and find me a nice place. Stop thinking that the process is just like us, all standing at the roadside and watch the train, just stop here with fireworks and stuff. That is why it is called everywhere, we should tighten things and long hair shooters. Just be careful.

excerpt from the program:

Warning: The Fire Run can be dangerous and everyone is responsible for themselves. To dance with the "devils" you need to wear clothes Which cover you well. ... Children seeing the fire run for the first time can become freightened, and so they should not stand in the front rows. ... "

I then stroll the Via Laetina up at the place where to start. Everywhere I look at my people, masquerading, with balaclavas, hats, scarves, long resistant jackets, gloves. So really bundled up, that only the eyes still look out. Even a little bit exaggerated I think. On top of the square, we go off. Everything is full of people and in front you can see forever spray fire and fireworks. The whole street is lined with people and I am looking for a place in the curve where the train einbiegt from the square in the street. Then it starts!

And now I see first how this works. The train is not like us down the road, but for a way through the people. There are running around "devil" and other figures, waving the fireworks and spray with the spark in the people and the spectators run toward them and dance with them under the shower of sparks. Madness. Then again komt a drum band or a monster that spits fire. You can not really imagine what is going on. Everything is raging, if the fire comes. Big, small, young, old - all storm the figures or even the devils dance in the rain of sparks. 'm Dressed, unfortunately, wrong and therefore remain on the margins, which does not mean that I'm not sure. Now and again it is in coverage or the hair is singed.

The spectacle takes place so about 1.5 km and 2 hours. Sometimes, one feels as in the days of chaos. If I come down the road look, I see it explode everywhere and only sparks, then up, at the next monster or the next drum squad, the last I agree with him and dance down the street.

After the spectacle I still strolling around weng in the old town and see me on the Placa Reial at a concert. As I said, the whole town is on alert.

So who is planning a city trip times to Barcelona should perhaps come to a party. It is really worth.

Today I look at me a Sardena and perhaps the Travis concert. I can sleep in tomorrow - bank holiday.

If you have like this, look you the old quarter of Barcelona. Guided tours are at it www.paseo-barcelona.de

0 comments:

Post a Comment